Seeing Eye Dogs (a division of Vision Australia) is the only national breeder, trainer and supplier of Seeing Eye Dogs.
A key outcome for Seeing Eye Dogs is to ensure ample time, love, patience and money are dedicated to the care and nuturing of special working dogs that will one day become the gift of independence for people who are blind or have low vision.
Seeing Eye Dogs volunteers are required to meet the volunteer application criteria, undergo the application and interview process, paperwork and training.
Visit Puppy Caring for our available dog caring volunteering opportunities.
Please email [email protected] for further information.
Some of volunteering opportunities at Seeing Eye Dogs may include the following:
- Download the kennel support volunteer assignment (Word) for more information
- Work as part of the kennel team
- Duties include: assisting with dog care through to bathing, grooming, food enrichment preparation, socialisation (e.g. cuddles) and physical enrichment activities (e.g. free running, walking, swimming), feeding, toileting, behaviour monitoring and management, and daily kennel and general cleaning tasks
- Gain valuable industry experience and get to know our wonderful dogs
- The kennel support volunteer role is a weekly commitment of 4 hours, for a minimum of 12 months (either 7am - 11am, 11am - 3pm or 3pm - 7pm on a Monday to Sunday depending on role availability
- The kennel support volunteer role is only open to applicants who are currently studying or have graduated in an animal studies course or hold a relevant qualification (e.g. Bachelor of Animal and Veterinary Biosciences, Bachelor of Veterinary and Wildlife Science, Bachelor of Zoology and Animal Science, Veterinary Nursing, Animal Studies, Companion Animal Services, Pet Grooming).
- Download the maintenance volunteer assignment (Word) for more information
- Gain practical skills and experience assisting our maintenance manager with various projects
- This role may include a variety of tasks such as: cleaning, dusting, wiping surfaces and items, sorting, moving items (under supervision using trolley facilities), cleaning inside and outside, detailing cars and mowing.